Extend the maintenance free period of your windows and doors with Anker Stuy’s Maintenance Kit. The Cleaning Agent helps to remove damaging dirt and mould while the quick dry Protective Wax provides a protective layer that leaves wooden windows and doors looking brand new.
PREVENTS MOULD AND DAMAGING DIRT
EXTENDS THE LIFESPAN OF WINDOWS AND DOORS
RESTORES SHEEN AND WATER RESISTANCE
USING THIS MAINTENANCE KIT
Cleaning Agent 200ml x 1
Protective Wax 200ml x 1
Cleaning Sponge x 1
Cleaning Cloth x 2
MAINTENANCE PERIOD JOINERY COATINGS
Eventually all windows and doors need to be periodically repainted, because the factory applied coating has reached the end of its service life. We call this cycle a maintenance period.
Every window and door has a maintenance period that is unique to that single piece of joinery. Differences in material and design elements can have a dramatic effect on the lifespan and maintenance period of windows and doors, i.e. the wood species, paint type, design differences, level of exposure to sun/water, distance to coast.
As a rough guide, the table below offers general maintenance periods (when the windows/doors need repainting) for Anker Stuy Coatings. For a more accurate maintenance period, visit the maintenance module.
HOW TO USE
Windows should be inspected and cleaned twice a year.
We recommend doing this in early spring and early autumn.
1. Inspect the window/door for mould, algae, damaging dirt and paint damage (it is important that chips and cracks in your paint are repaired immediately. See the back of this leaflet for more information).
2. If surface mould and algae is present, clean the windows with a solution of 2 parts warm water and 1 part household bleach. If there is no surface mould or algae then simply clean with warm water.
3. While the windows are still wet, apply a small amount of CLEANING AGENT to a damp CLEANING SPONGE and thoroughly clean the window/door.
4. Dry the window/door with one of the CLEANING CLOTHS provided.
5. Dampen the second CLEANING CLOTH and apply a small amount of PROTECTIVE WAX. Quickly wipe a thin layer of wax over the painted surfaces of the wooden window/door.
• For best results apply in one smooth motion. The product dries very quickly over working may result in a smeared finish.
• On large flat surfaces (especially dark colours) first test on a small area to ensure you can achieve a smooth finish.